Dean is a good listener though too. When he talks, he likes it best if you respond to his chatter with a similar sound. This will almost always get a smile from him. While I love listening to him talk, my personal favorite is listening to him laugh - which he just started doing in the last few weeks. It is still rare to hear him laugh, but when he does, it is the best sound on earth!
Dean's legs are also getting stronger every day. We joke that he is going to skip crawling and go straight to walking. Either way, for now he just loves being held up so that he can stand on your lap. Dean is also making strides in the area of sleeping. Although he hasn't started sleeping from bedtime until the morning alarm goes off, he is now only waking once to eat in the middle of the night. So no complaints from his Mommy! Here is what else Dean has been up to lately...
Dean has started taking naps during the daytime hours in his crib.
And really working on "Tummy Time!"...
"Uh Mom, are we through with Tummy Time yet?"
Dean is a much bigger fan of laying on his back.
Just chillin' in his Bumbo seat.
Goliath is having a hard time coming to terms with sharing time in front of the camera.
Why do I suddenly feel the urge to eat some Peeps?
Both cats are keeping Dean company as he plays. Goliath has discovered Dean's bouncer is a cozy place to take a nap.
Daddy taking a well deserved nap with his son.
"What is that on your face, Dad?!"
Dean couldn't resist touching Ryan's prickly whiskers.
Dean is such a thoughtful son . . .
. . . he sent me these flowers to brighten my day while Daddy was away on business in St. Louis.
Super Bowl Sunday!
Ryan and Dean taking in the game together.
I spy two little monkey feet!
Say Ahhhhh....Is this the start of Dean's first tooth? We sure think so. But we've been told that almost all babies get their first teeth starting on the lower middle-half of their jaw. Looks like Dean has other plans in mind.
Dean's first Valentine's Day.
Daddy got Mommy flowers.
Mommy made Daddy homemade truffles.
Dean got a package from Grandma Ev and Grandpa Jim on Valentine's Day, complete with a box of chocolates for Ryan and I. :)
One way to keep Dean from fussing during tummy-time: Let him watch Sesame Street clips off YouTube on my phone. Evidently, it is also a way to hold Barkley's attention.
Mommy accidentally nipped the skin on Dean's thumb while cutting his nails the other day. :( The ironic part is that all the other time I've clipped his nails, I did it while he was awake. The one time I thought I would be ahead of the game and do it while he slept, is the time I got a bit of skin with his nail. Poor guy!
As a result, Dean had to look like Michael Jackson for a day(with one gloved hand) to keep him from sucking on his ouchie and getting germs in it.
Dean's new "Baby Einstein" exer-saucer...It bounces, it lights up, it let's Mommy get chores done.
Happy baby!
"Stay away cat- I 'm not letting you nap in this like you do my bouncer!"
Break time for some finger-sucking.
Dean conducting his first orchestra.